NTS Buys Wyle Labs’ Testing Business
Operating out of three facilities in Huntsville, Ala., El Segundo, Calif., and San Bernardino, Calif., Wyle Labs’ testing business focusses on environmental, dynamics, structural, electromagnetic interference and compatibility, fluid flow, and acoustics testing solutions. It primarily serves the nuclear, space, and defense markets. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
The facilities, which now operate under the NTS banner, carry out work including:
- NTS Huntsville: The single largest independent environmental simulation testing lab in the country, boasting a strong presence in the aerospace, defense, nuclear, and voting systems industries for more than 50 years.
- NTS El Segundo: Works in the space and civil aviation markets and possesses a unique portfolio of highly customized equipment.
- NTS San Bernardino: Offers a specialized suite of testing, primarily for aerospace propulsion development, and specializes in rocket firing and high flow, high pressure fluid and cryogenic testing.
NTS plans to use the acquisitions to create “centers of excellence” based around the facilities’ existing fields of expertise.
Wyle Laboratories is an industry partner organization in the Federal Aviation Administration’s Air Transportation Center of Excellence project that was announced in September.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls