NTS Buys Wyle Labs’ Testing Business
Operating out of three facilities in Huntsville, Ala., El Segundo, Calif., and San Bernardino, Calif., Wyle Labs’ testing business focusses on environmental, dynamics, structural, electromagnetic interference and compatibility, fluid flow, and acoustics testing solutions. It primarily serves the nuclear, space, and defense markets. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
The facilities, which now operate under the NTS banner, carry out work including:
- NTS Huntsville: The single largest independent environmental simulation testing lab in the country, boasting a strong presence in the aerospace, defense, nuclear, and voting systems industries for more than 50 years.
- NTS El Segundo: Works in the space and civil aviation markets and possesses a unique portfolio of highly customized equipment.
- NTS San Bernardino: Offers a specialized suite of testing, primarily for aerospace propulsion development, and specializes in rocket firing and high flow, high pressure fluid and cryogenic testing.
NTS plans to use the acquisitions to create “centers of excellence” based around the facilities’ existing fields of expertise.
Wyle Laboratories is an industry partner organization in the Federal Aviation Administration’s Air Transportation Center of Excellence project that was announced in September.
Energy Manager News
- Dissecting the Data Revolution
- Energy Star Recognizes 16 GM Facilities
- CCI Group Awarded Contract for Anniston Army Depot
- Under Hawaiian Electric’s New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money
- SCE&G Retail Rate Adjustment Will Be Close to Break-Even for Customers
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy