NTS Buys Wyle Labs’ Testing Business
Operating out of three facilities in Huntsville, Ala., El Segundo, Calif., and San Bernardino, Calif., Wyle Labs’ testing business focusses on environmental, dynamics, structural, electromagnetic interference and compatibility, fluid flow, and acoustics testing solutions. It primarily serves the nuclear, space, and defense markets. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
The facilities, which now operate under the NTS banner, carry out work including:
- NTS Huntsville: The single largest independent environmental simulation testing lab in the country, boasting a strong presence in the aerospace, defense, nuclear, and voting systems industries for more than 50 years.
- NTS El Segundo: Works in the space and civil aviation markets and possesses a unique portfolio of highly customized equipment.
- NTS San Bernardino: Offers a specialized suite of testing, primarily for aerospace propulsion development, and specializes in rocket firing and high flow, high pressure fluid and cryogenic testing.
NTS plans to use the acquisitions to create “centers of excellence” based around the facilities’ existing fields of expertise.
Wyle Laboratories is an industry partner organization in the Federal Aviation Administration’s Air Transportation Center of Excellence project that was announced in September.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- QM Power Introduces Efficient Motor
- Denver Zoo Halts Biomass Project
- New York City Continues to Blaze Building Efficiency Trail with Launch of Its Data-Driven NYC Retrofit Accelerator
- Support Builds for Marrying Printable Electronics and Smart Buildings
- Six Steps to a Winning GRESB Audit
- Mexico Shopping for 2M Smart Meters
- Raleigh, N.C. Finally Getting its LEDs
- Wireless Can Make for a More Energy-Efficient BAS System