Smartcool Software Hits 18% Energy Savings Mark
Smartcool develops energy efficiency solutions for refrigeration and air conditioning using its own software products. Initial testing of Smartcool’s software on this new application demonstrated 18 percent energy savings on the compressor in a Carrier refrigeration unit. The savings translates to a return on investment well under 12 months for customers, Smartcool says.
Smartcool’s ECO3 hardware platform is used to deliver the company’s software algorithms in this new application. The company plans to complete more tests on the over-the-road refrigerated trailers in the second quarter of 2014. A number of pilot installations will follow, the company says.
If successful, it could lead the development of a new hardware platform powered by Smartcool’s software, designed specifically for the refrigerated transportation sector. The refrigeration transportation sector includes over-the-road trailers, box trucks, sea-going containers and rail containers.
Globally, there are more than 5.5 million refrigerated trucks and trailers and an additional 2 million refrigerated sea-going containers, according to Smartcool.
In November, Starbucks and Marks & Spencer began testing delivery fleets equipped with a refrigeration system that generates zero emissions compared with 63.4 kilograms per day for an equivalent diesel-mechanical unit.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned