Water Treatment Technology Under Development
Cool Planet Energy Systems and Organic Waste Solutions (OWS) will co-develop proprietary biochar-enabled technologies to address the need for secondary wastewater treatment, water remediation, and the management of storm water runoff, the companies say.
Cool Planet develops solutions for the energy, food and water industries with drop-in fuels and advanced CoolTerra biochar products. OWS designs and constructs low-impact solutions to address water pollution from storm water runoff, and for water treatment and environmental remediation.
The companies will work to set up and operate laboratory and field demonstrations, optimize and document the benefits of the biochar product in ecological bioremediation, and provide designs for optimal delivery systems. The parties will jointly evaluate the results of the experimental program at the completion of the studies and enter into definitive agreements to commercialize the technology subject to success.
OWS said the potential exists for biochar to be effective in the treatment of contaminants.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE