Electrolux Sets CO2 Reduction Target
Product efficiency is seen by the appliances company as the key to reducing its impact on emissions .The new carbon target to halve the climate impact by 2020 compared to 2005 will cut greenhouse gases from approximately 50 to 25 million metric tons in four key areas: product use, manufacturing, transport and elimination of gases with high global warming potential.
Electrolux has set efficiency targets for its products. It also has set a 2020 objective is to eliminate all greenhouse gases with a global warming potential higher than 15 in products and reduce energy consumption by 50 percent. Transportation emissions have a target of a 15-percent reduction between 2010 and 2014.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council