Electrolux Sets CO2 Reduction Target
Product efficiency is seen by the appliances company as the key to reducing its impact on emissions .The new carbon target to halve the climate impact by 2020 compared to 2005 will cut greenhouse gases from approximately 50 to 25 million metric tons in four key areas: product use, manufacturing, transport and elimination of gases with high global warming potential.
Electrolux has set efficiency targets for its products. It also has set a 2020 objective is to eliminate all greenhouse gases with a global warming potential higher than 15 in products and reduce energy consumption by 50 percent. Transportation emissions have a target of a 15-percent reduction between 2010 and 2014.
Energy Manager News
- U.S. House Subcommittee Reviews Kennedy’s Fair RATES Act
- Nevada PAC Seeks Entry into State for Retail Energy Suppliers
- Using Big Data to Help Solve the Big Building Energy Problem
- Smart Computer Use Hikes Energy Efficiency
- Flint Water Crisis Uncovers Ignoble Decisions and Neglect of Existing Enviro Regs
- Trimble Acquires Sefaira
- Truman (MO) State: “We’ll Save $1 Million Annually on Energy Upgrade”
- PJM Tool Demos How Price Fluctuations, Weather Impact Customer Bills