Electrolux Sets CO2 Reduction Target
Product efficiency is seen by the appliances company as the key to reducing its impact on emissions .The new carbon target to halve the climate impact by 2020 compared to 2005 will cut greenhouse gases from approximately 50 to 25 million metric tons in four key areas: product use, manufacturing, transport and elimination of gases with high global warming potential.
Electrolux has set efficiency targets for its products. It also has set a 2020 objective is to eliminate all greenhouse gases with a global warming potential higher than 15 in products and reduce energy consumption by 50 percent. Transportation emissions have a target of a 15-percent reduction between 2010 and 2014.
Energy Manager News
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage