Electrolux Sets CO2 Reduction Target
Product efficiency is seen by the appliances company as the key to reducing its impact on emissions .The new carbon target to halve the climate impact by 2020 compared to 2005 will cut greenhouse gases from approximately 50 to 25 million metric tons in four key areas: product use, manufacturing, transport and elimination of gases with high global warming potential.
Electrolux has set efficiency targets for its products. It also has set a 2020 objective is to eliminate all greenhouse gases with a global warming potential higher than 15 in products and reduce energy consumption by 50 percent. Transportation emissions have a target of a 15-percent reduction between 2010 and 2014.
Energy Manager News
- Could Cleaner Energy Save Ohio Ratepayers $50M in 2030, Alone?
- Yakima City Council Mulls Utility Rate Hike on Large Businesses to Bolster Reserve Fund
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Lockheed Martin Installs the GridStar Storage System at Syracuse Facility
- Schneider Electric Unveils Continuous Efficiency
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case
- BGE’s SEED Program Offers Energy Discounts to 19 Commercial Customers