RGGI Announces 2015 CO2 Allocation
The Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI) released information for CO2 allowance allocation year 2015.
For 2015, the RGGI cap for the nine-state RGGI region is 88.7 million short tons.
The 2015 RGGI adjusted cap for the nine-state region is 66.8 million short tons. 66.8 million is the number of CO2 allowances allocated by the RGGI states for 2015.
RGGI’s second control period began on January 1, 2012 and extends through December 31, 2014.
In addition to the CO2 allowance allocation information, CO2 allowance allocation information for the RGGI first control period (2009-2011) and CO2allowance allocation years 2012, 2013, and 2014 is available. The CO2 allowance allocation information is updated periodically.
The Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states participating in the second RGGI control period (Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont) have implemented the first mandatory market-based regulatory program in the US to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls