Staples Canada Exceeds Recycling Goals
Staples Canada surpassed its battery collection goal of 60,000 kg by diverting over 93,274 kg of batteries in 2013, almost double the 49,528 kg of batteries collected in 2012. It partners with Call2Recycle to collect and recycle batteries (re-chargeable and alkaline) in every Staples store.
In 2013, the retailer collected 3,084,778 ink and toner cartridges, over half a million more than 2012. In 2012, Staples set a goal to collect 5 million ink cartridges between Earth Day 2012 and Earth Day 2014 (April 22, 2012-April 22, 2014). To date, Staples has surpassed its goal, collecting 5,073,392 cartridges.
Staples Canada, alongside its national electronics recycling partner, eCycle Solutions, collects electronics in almost 260 retail locations, with nine locations added in 2013. Staples Canada has collected 3,366 metric tons of electronics in 2013, beating its goal of matching their 2012 collection of 3,000 metric tons. In Q4 2013 alone, 839 metric tons were collected.
Also, Staples Canada reduced electrical consumption by 2.21 percent over 2012.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array