Green Star Awarded Patent
Green Star Products was notified by the US Patents and Trademark Office that its high-tech loop reactor patent was issued on (US Pat. #8648209) Loop Reactor for Making Biodiesel Fuel. The loop reactor is the backbone of the biodiesel plants manufactured by Green Star.
Most present day biodiesel production systems require up to three hours and three different processes to convert feedstock oils through a transesterification process to produce crude biodiesel. Green Star says the loop reactor does all these processes in one step and in less than five minutes. As a result, this patent reduces the capital cost of a biodiesel plant. It also increases plant production capacity with less manpower, reduces maintenance costs, reduces final product costs and reduces the carbon footprint of the plant. US support for continued use of biodiesel in fuel markets has been weak due to high biodiesel feedstock prices; this is not true globally, according to the company.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned