Green Star Awarded Patent
Green Star Products was notified by the US Patents and Trademark Office that its high-tech loop reactor patent was issued on (US Pat. #8648209) Loop Reactor for Making Biodiesel Fuel. The loop reactor is the backbone of the biodiesel plants manufactured by Green Star.
Most present day biodiesel production systems require up to three hours and three different processes to convert feedstock oils through a transesterification process to produce crude biodiesel. Green Star says the loop reactor does all these processes in one step and in less than five minutes. As a result, this patent reduces the capital cost of a biodiesel plant. It also increases plant production capacity with less manpower, reduces maintenance costs, reduces final product costs and reduces the carbon footprint of the plant. US support for continued use of biodiesel in fuel markets has been weak due to high biodiesel feedstock prices; this is not true globally, according to the company.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls