Green Star Awarded Patent
Green Star Products was notified by the US Patents and Trademark Office that its high-tech loop reactor patent was issued on (US Pat. #8648209) Loop Reactor for Making Biodiesel Fuel. The loop reactor is the backbone of the biodiesel plants manufactured by Green Star.
Most present day biodiesel production systems require up to three hours and three different processes to convert feedstock oils through a transesterification process to produce crude biodiesel. Green Star says the loop reactor does all these processes in one step and in less than five minutes. As a result, this patent reduces the capital cost of a biodiesel plant. It also increases plant production capacity with less manpower, reduces maintenance costs, reduces final product costs and reduces the carbon footprint of the plant. US support for continued use of biodiesel in fuel markets has been weak due to high biodiesel feedstock prices; this is not true globally, according to the company.
Energy Manager News
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE
- Key Trends: Corporate Renewable Energy Procurement and Spend 2016
- Cogeneration Continues to Make Inroads
- Honeywell, OG&E Upgrading Tinker Air Force Base Assembly Plant