Reporting Agencies to Collaborate
The International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC) and the Global Initiative for Sustainability Ratings (GISR) say that a cohesive reporting landscape enables businesses to become more resilient, which leads to greater stability in global markets.
So the organizations signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to support a global alignment of corporate reporting and ratings.
GISR is focused on driving increased transparency and effectiveness of sustainability ratings. It is working to mesh financial and sustainability information into a holistic approach to rating both credit and companies. In so doing, ratings will benefit directly from information flowing from integrated reports that use the International Framework.
The MOU outlines the basis for ongoing collaboration and alignment between the two organizations. Among other measures, IIRC and GISR agree to strive for compatibility in the ongoing development of their respective frameworks and standards.
Energy Manager News
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018