Reporting Agencies to Collaborate
The International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC) and the Global Initiative for Sustainability Ratings (GISR) say that a cohesive reporting landscape enables businesses to become more resilient, which leads to greater stability in global markets.
So the organizations signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to support a global alignment of corporate reporting and ratings.
GISR is focused on driving increased transparency and effectiveness of sustainability ratings. It is working to mesh financial and sustainability information into a holistic approach to rating both credit and companies. In so doing, ratings will benefit directly from information flowing from integrated reports that use the International Framework.
The MOU outlines the basis for ongoing collaboration and alignment between the two organizations. Among other measures, IIRC and GISR agree to strive for compatibility in the ongoing development of their respective frameworks and standards.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- LAX Commissions New $438M Central Utilities Plant
- International Paper Receives Trucked Compressed Natural Gas
- Housing Authority Signs ESPC with Ameresco
- Solar Installed at USDA Buildings
- Eaton Supports 6.3 MW Hospital Solar Installation in New Jersey
- UK Grocery Store Chain Gives Refrigerators an Energy Savings Turbo Boost
- ATG Designs 120-watt LED Fixture for Gas Station Canopies
- Schneider Electric Launches PowerLogic PM8000 Line of Meters