ERA Upgrades Software to Improve Texas Environmental Reporting
ERA Environmental Management Solutions has upgraded its software to make it easier for users to directly upload to the Texas Commission for Environmental Quality STEERS reporting tool.
The new feature will improve the accuracy of data submitted and reduce the amount of time required by eliminating manual data entry, the company says.
The State of Texas Environmental Electronic Reporting System, or STEERS, is the official online reporting system of the TCEQ. Businesses based in Texas are encouraged to submit reports and notifications through the STEERS platforms as opposed to turning in paper reports.
In February, the EPA and TCEQ reached a conditional agreement on parts of the state’s clean air plan. Texas has a flex program that allows TCEQ to issue one permit for multiple sources of pollution, at a lower cost.
The state and feds have disagreed on the Texas rules for years: almost four years ago, the EPA overturned Texas flexible permitting rules, saying they did not meet federal requirements. Many major industries then had to work directly with the EPA instead of with the state.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works