ERA Upgrades Software to Improve Texas Environmental Reporting
ERA Environmental Management Solutions has upgraded its software to make it easier for users to directly upload to the Texas Commission for Environmental Quality STEERS reporting tool.
The new feature will improve the accuracy of data submitted and reduce the amount of time required by eliminating manual data entry, the company says.
The State of Texas Environmental Electronic Reporting System, or STEERS, is the official online reporting system of the TCEQ. Businesses based in Texas are encouraged to submit reports and notifications through the STEERS platforms as opposed to turning in paper reports.
In February, the EPA and TCEQ reached a conditional agreement on parts of the state’s clean air plan. Texas has a flex program that allows TCEQ to issue one permit for multiple sources of pollution, at a lower cost.
The state and feds have disagreed on the Texas rules for years: almost four years ago, the EPA overturned Texas flexible permitting rules, saying they did not meet federal requirements. Many major industries then had to work directly with the EPA instead of with the state.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council