Terracycle Offers Factories Zero Waste Boxes
Terracycle’s Zero Waste Box program is being marketed to factory managers in a bid to encourage employees to recycle items commonly used on factory floors, including ear plugs and hair nets.
The Zero Waste Boxes range from $27.70 to $177.37, depending on the size and waste stream, according to Consumer Goods Technology. The boxes include signage to help educate workers and increase compliance.
Once a box has been filled, it is shipped to TerraCycle for recycling. The shipping cost is included in the price of the box.
Last year, Kimberly-Clark Professional partnered with TerraCycle to launch a large-scale recycling effort for nontraditional cleanroom waste such as cleanroom garments, gloves, hoods, boot covers and hairnets. Once items are collected and picked up by TerraCycle, they are turned into raw materials and used to create useful, eco-friendly consumer products, such as plastic Adirondack chairs and benches, bulk plastics and other items.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland