Terracycle Offers Factories Zero Waste Boxes
Terracycle’s Zero Waste Box program is being marketed to factory managers in a bid to encourage employees to recycle items commonly used on factory floors, including ear plugs and hair nets.
The Zero Waste Boxes range from $27.70 to $177.37, depending on the size and waste stream, according to Consumer Goods Technology. The boxes include signage to help educate workers and increase compliance.
Once a box has been filled, it is shipped to TerraCycle for recycling. The shipping cost is included in the price of the box.
Last year, Kimberly-Clark Professional partnered with TerraCycle to launch a large-scale recycling effort for nontraditional cleanroom waste such as cleanroom garments, gloves, hoods, boot covers and hairnets. Once items are collected and picked up by TerraCycle, they are turned into raw materials and used to create useful, eco-friendly consumer products, such as plastic Adirondack chairs and benches, bulk plastics and other items.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment