Terracycle Offers Factories Zero Waste Boxes
Terracycle’s Zero Waste Box program is being marketed to factory managers in a bid to encourage employees to recycle items commonly used on factory floors, including ear plugs and hair nets.
The Zero Waste Boxes range from $27.70 to $177.37, depending on the size and waste stream, according to Consumer Goods Technology. The boxes include signage to help educate workers and increase compliance.
Once a box has been filled, it is shipped to TerraCycle for recycling. The shipping cost is included in the price of the box.
Last year, Kimberly-Clark Professional partnered with TerraCycle to launch a large-scale recycling effort for nontraditional cleanroom waste such as cleanroom garments, gloves, hoods, boot covers and hairnets. Once items are collected and picked up by TerraCycle, they are turned into raw materials and used to create useful, eco-friendly consumer products, such as plastic Adirondack chairs and benches, bulk plastics and other items.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls