Terracycle Offers Factories Zero Waste Boxes
Terracycle’s Zero Waste Box program is being marketed to factory managers in a bid to encourage employees to recycle items commonly used on factory floors, including ear plugs and hair nets.
The Zero Waste Boxes range from $27.70 to $177.37, depending on the size and waste stream, according to Consumer Goods Technology. The boxes include signage to help educate workers and increase compliance.
Once a box has been filled, it is shipped to TerraCycle for recycling. The shipping cost is included in the price of the box.
Last year, Kimberly-Clark Professional partnered with TerraCycle to launch a large-scale recycling effort for nontraditional cleanroom waste such as cleanroom garments, gloves, hoods, boot covers and hairnets. Once items are collected and picked up by TerraCycle, they are turned into raw materials and used to create useful, eco-friendly consumer products, such as plastic Adirondack chairs and benches, bulk plastics and other items.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool