R2 Solutions Says Standard Complies With International Agreements
R2 Solutions has released a new informational document on R2:2013 and international agreements governing the hazardous waste trade.
The document demonstrates that R2:2013 is “fully consistent” with the Basel Convention and international law, according to a legal analysis. The document responds to common questions about the current requirements of the Basel Convention and how those relate to the obligations set forth under R2:2013.
The analysis explains how the R2:2013 Standard closes some of the gaps in international legal regulation and shows how its mandatory compliance plans will prevent illicit operations, the organization said.
“We hope that this document puts to rest questions in the minds of those that matter most – electronics refurbishers and recyclers – and their customers,” John Lingelbach, Executive Director of R2 Solutions said in a statement.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid
- Pacific Power Names Three wattsmart Business Partners of the Year
- 2014 Better Than 2013 for Distributed Wind Turbines, But Far Below 2012
- Making Efficiency Attractive to Investors
- Hydrogen from Landfill Powers Forklifts at BMW Plant
- Big Energy Savings for Hoke, N.C., Schools
- Energy Savings Performance Contracts Unlock Deep Savings
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments