R2 Solutions Says Standard Complies With International Agreements
R2 Solutions has released a new informational document on R2:2013 and international agreements governing the hazardous waste trade.
The document demonstrates that R2:2013 is “fully consistent” with the Basel Convention and international law, according to a legal analysis. The document responds to common questions about the current requirements of the Basel Convention and how those relate to the obligations set forth under R2:2013.
The analysis explains how the R2:2013 Standard closes some of the gaps in international legal regulation and shows how its mandatory compliance plans will prevent illicit operations, the organization said.
“We hope that this document puts to rest questions in the minds of those that matter most – electronics refurbishers and recyclers – and their customers,” John Lingelbach, Executive Director of R2 Solutions said in a statement.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend