R2 Solutions Says Standard Complies With International Agreements
R2 Solutions has released a new informational document on R2:2013 and international agreements governing the hazardous waste trade.
The document demonstrates that R2:2013 is “fully consistent” with the Basel Convention and international law, according to a legal analysis. The document responds to common questions about the current requirements of the Basel Convention and how those relate to the obligations set forth under R2:2013.
The analysis explains how the R2:2013 Standard closes some of the gaps in international legal regulation and shows how its mandatory compliance plans will prevent illicit operations, the organization said.
“We hope that this document puts to rest questions in the minds of those that matter most – electronics refurbishers and recyclers – and their customers,” John Lingelbach, Executive Director of R2 Solutions said in a statement.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland