R2 Solutions Says Standard Complies With International Agreements
R2 Solutions has released a new informational document on R2:2013 and international agreements governing the hazardous waste trade.
The document demonstrates that R2:2013 is “fully consistent” with the Basel Convention and international law, according to a legal analysis. The document responds to common questions about the current requirements of the Basel Convention and how those relate to the obligations set forth under R2:2013.
The analysis explains how the R2:2013 Standard closes some of the gaps in international legal regulation and shows how its mandatory compliance plans will prevent illicit operations, the organization said.
“We hope that this document puts to rest questions in the minds of those that matter most – electronics refurbishers and recyclers – and their customers,” John Lingelbach, Executive Director of R2 Solutions said in a statement.
Energy Manager News
- Apple, Google, Facebook Throw Weight Around in NC Energy Policy
- 2015 Green Lease Leaders include Landlords, Tenants, Brokers
- Disney World Builds Mickey Mouse-Shaped 5 MW Solar System
- Ohio Businesses Encouraged to Use Cogged V-Belts
- Renewables Share of US Energy Consumption Highest Since 1930s
- ZBB Unveils EMS for C&I Buildings
- Levi Strauss, Gap, Autodesk Support California Clean Energy Bill
- New Hydro-Quebec Data Center to Use Free Cooling