Target Launches Organic Food Program
“Made to Matter – Handpicked by Target” brings together 17 natural, organic and sustainable brands spanning baby, beauty and personal care, grocery, healthcare and household product categories.
There will be more than 120 new and limited-time exclusive Made to Matter products from Annie’s Homegrown, Burt’s Bees, Chobani, Clif Bar & Company, Ella’s Kitchen, EVOL, Horizon Organic, Hyland’s, Kashi, Method, Plum Organics, Seventh Generation, SheaMoisture, Target’s Simply Balanced, Vita Coco, Yes To and Zarbee’s Naturals. The Made to Matter collection includes all products currently offered at Target by the participating brands and at least one new exclusive item from each brand.
Some of the new products will take the form of a new scent, others will be, for instance a new flavor, Target says.
Some 97 percent of Target customer by some natural, organic or sustainable products, reports The New York Times.
Barbara Haumann of the Organic Trade Association said organic food sales have been growing so fast that as larger retailers such as Target enter the market they are not really stealing trade from independent companies but just taking a bigger piece of a rapidly growing sector, the paper reports.
In 2012, UK retailers Tesco, Sainsbury, Waitrose, Asda, Morrisons, Co-operative and Marks & Spencers saw their collective organic sales drop by 3.8 percent, according to a report by the Soil Association. The number of UK organic producers and processors fell 4.9 percent in 2012 to 6,929, the report said.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store