Target Launches Organic Food Program
“Made to Matter – Handpicked by Target” brings together 17 natural, organic and sustainable brands spanning baby, beauty and personal care, grocery, healthcare and household product categories.
There will be more than 120 new and limited-time exclusive Made to Matter products from Annie’s Homegrown, Burt’s Bees, Chobani, Clif Bar & Company, Ella’s Kitchen, EVOL, Horizon Organic, Hyland’s, Kashi, Method, Plum Organics, Seventh Generation, SheaMoisture, Target’s Simply Balanced, Vita Coco, Yes To and Zarbee’s Naturals. The Made to Matter collection includes all products currently offered at Target by the participating brands and at least one new exclusive item from each brand.
Some of the new products will take the form of a new scent, others will be, for instance a new flavor, Target says.
Some 97 percent of Target customer by some natural, organic or sustainable products, reports The New York Times.
Barbara Haumann of the Organic Trade Association said organic food sales have been growing so fast that as larger retailers such as Target enter the market they are not really stealing trade from independent companies but just taking a bigger piece of a rapidly growing sector, the paper reports.
In 2012, UK retailers Tesco, Sainsbury, Waitrose, Asda, Morrisons, Co-operative and Marks & Spencers saw their collective organic sales drop by 3.8 percent, according to a report by the Soil Association. The number of UK organic producers and processors fell 4.9 percent in 2012 to 6,929, the report said.
Energy Manager News
- AAMA Offers Fenestration Course
- AEEE: Efficiency as a Resource is a Winner
- Chicago Cubs’ Wrigley Field to be Powered by Commercial Retailer ENGIE Resources
- Who Should Pay for a Utility’s Bad Business Decisions – Owners or Customers?
- Major Industries Could Be Moved By High Rates To Leave Wisconsin
- The World is About to See Whether Apple’s Solar Investment Pays Off
- BREEAM USA Takes Aim at In-Use Structures
- Unity College Gets Grant for Greenhouses