US Ecology Acquires Environmental Services Company
US Ecology has entered into an agreement to acquire EQ -The Environmental Quality Company (EQ), an environmental services company. EQ is owned by an affiliate of New York based private equity fund Kinderhook Industries. Kinderhook acquired EQ in 2008.
EQ is a fully-integrated environmental services and waste management organization based in Wayne, Michigan. It implements innovative technology and service solutions that minimize waste volumes, reduce costs and protect the environment.
US Ecology, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides environmental services and industrial waste management services to commercial and government entities, such as refineries and chemical production facilities, manufacturers, electric utilities, steel mills, medical and academic institutions and waste brokers.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend