Bacardi Sets Sustainability Goals
By 2017, the company has a goal is to obtain 40 percent of the sugarcane-derived products from certified, sustainable sources – and 100 percent by 2022. This pledge from Bacardi is an industry first, according to the company.
Bacardi also seeks to obtain all raw materials and packaging from sustainably sourced, renewable or recycled materials for sustainable packaging. By 2017, Bacardi plans to reduce the weight of its packaging by 10 percent and achieve 15 percent by 2022.
There also is a 2017 goal to cut water use by 55 percent and GHG emissions by 50 percent. In addition, Bacardi aims to eliminate landfill waste at all of its production sites by 2022.
Since the company began tracking its global impacts on the environment in 2006, Bacardi has reduced energy use by 25 percent, supported by a 48 percent reduction in greenhouse gas emissions from production processes.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs