College Creates Climate Action Divestment Model
Pitzer College said it is the first higher education institution in Southern California to commit to divesting its endowment of fossil fuel stocks.
Other features of the action model include:
- An environmental, social and governance policy to guide endowment investment decisions
- Creating the Pitzer Sustainability Fund within the endowment to make environmentally responsible investments
- Target a 25 percent reduction of the college’s carbon footprint from current levels by the end of 2016
- Establish a Campus Sustainability Taskforce to bolster on-campus measures to promote sustainability
In 2012, the College launched the Robert Redford Conservancy for Southern California Sustainability and opened four mixed-use residential buildings that earned LEED Platinum certification.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: October 21, 2016
- Could Cleaner Energy Save Ohio Ratepayers $50M in 2030, Alone?
- Yakima City Council Mulls Utility Rate Hike on Large Businesses to Bolster Reserve Fund
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Lockheed Martin Installs the GridStar Storage System at Syracuse Facility
- Schneider Electric Unveils Continuous Efficiency
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case