College Creates Climate Action Divestment Model
Pitzer College said it is the first higher education institution in Southern California to commit to divesting its endowment of fossil fuel stocks.
Other features of the action model include:
- An environmental, social and governance policy to guide endowment investment decisions
- Creating the Pitzer Sustainability Fund within the endowment to make environmentally responsible investments
- Target a 25 percent reduction of the college’s carbon footprint from current levels by the end of 2016
- Establish a Campus Sustainability Taskforce to bolster on-campus measures to promote sustainability
In 2012, the College launched the Robert Redford Conservancy for Southern California Sustainability and opened four mixed-use residential buildings that earned LEED Platinum certification.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.