First 100% Recycled Grade Introduced
FutureMark Paper Group launched Future Vantage, North America‚Äôs first 100-percent recycled coated #3 freesheet. Until now, there has not been a 100 percent recycled option for high-end corporate marketing materials and magazine, catalog, book, direct mail and retail applications, the company said. Previously, recycled content was only available if specified by the buyer and typically the maximum available was 30 percent.
According to the Environmental Paper Network‚Äôs Paper Calculator v. 3.2, 100 percent recycled coated freesheet generates 30 percent less greenhouse gas emissions, consumes 46 percent less water and requires the harvest of 20,000 fewer trees (per 1,000 tons of coated freesheet paper produced) compared to non-recycled coated freesheet.
FutureMark involves customers and printing partners extensively in its product development process, and their feedback on Future Vantage was invaluable to honing the final product.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Portland Likely to Require Energy Benchmarking
- Using Building Energy Management for Factories
- New Energy System Will Save Stanford $420M
- Tire Plant Earns Superior Energy Performance Gold Certification
- Acuity Brands Acquires Indoor Location Software Company
- NJ School District Hires Honeywell for Energy Upgrades
- CODA Energy 50 kWh Storage Tower Achieves UL Certification
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System