First 100% Recycled Grade Introduced
FutureMark Paper Group launched Future Vantage, North America’s first 100-percent recycled coated #3 freesheet. Until now, there has not been a 100 percent recycled option for high-end corporate marketing materials and magazine, catalog, book, direct mail and retail applications, the company said. Previously, recycled content was only available if specified by the buyer and typically the maximum available was 30 percent.
According to the Environmental Paper Network’s Paper Calculator v. 3.2, 100 percent recycled coated freesheet generates 30 percent less greenhouse gas emissions, consumes 46 percent less water and requires the harvest of 20,000 fewer trees (per 1,000 tons of coated freesheet paper produced) compared to non-recycled coated freesheet.
FutureMark involves customers and printing partners extensively in its product development process, and their feedback on Future Vantage was invaluable to honing the final product.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform