Covanta Partners with Nine Towns
Covanta Energy announced a new partnership with nine Western Massachusetts municipalities for bundled sustainable waste management services. Covanta will provide sustainable waste disposal at the Covanta Springfield Energy-from-Waste facility, in addition to other waste services.
The nine municipalities will send approximately 25,000 tons of municipal solid waste to the Covanta Springfield Energy-from-Waste facility which diverts waste from landfills and generates electricity for 5,000 homes. Covanta will also provide electronic waste recycling, organics recycling, secure medication and bulk waste disposal. The new agreement is slated to begin in July 2014 with an initial term of three years followed by mutual extension options.
Covanta is the owner/operator of the Covanta Springfield Energy-from-Waste facility in Agawam where eight of the nine municipalities have disposed their municipal solid waste since the facility was built in 1988.
Energy Manager News
- 5 Reasons Clean Energy Investments Beat Expectations
- East Coast Cities are Top 3 Most Energy Efficient
- Tri-Generation System Generates Heat, Power, Hydrogen
- Lennox Expands Commercial Packaged Rooftop Units
- US Representative Wants to Extend Tax Credits for Clean Energy
- Eaton Hired at Fort Campbell
- Schneider Software Prevents Overcooling in Data Centers
- HVAC Brain Carries Siemens Commercial Room Thermostat