Covanta Partners with Nine Towns
Covanta Energy announced a new partnership with nine Western Massachusetts municipalities for bundled sustainable waste management services. Covanta will provide sustainable waste disposal at the Covanta Springfield Energy-from-Waste facility, in addition to other waste services.
The nine municipalities will send approximately 25,000 tons of municipal solid waste to the Covanta Springfield Energy-from-Waste facility which diverts waste from landfills and generates electricity for 5,000 homes. Covanta will also provide electronic waste recycling, organics recycling, secure medication and bulk waste disposal. The new agreement is slated to begin in July 2014 with an initial term of three years followed by mutual extension options.
Covanta is the owner/operator of the Covanta Springfield Energy-from-Waste facility in Agawam where eight of the nine municipalities have disposed their municipal solid waste since the facility was built in 1988.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management