Covanta Partners with Nine Towns
Covanta Energy announced a new partnership with nine Western Massachusetts municipalities for bundled sustainable waste management services. Covanta will provide sustainable waste disposal at the Covanta Springfield Energy-from-Waste facility, in addition to other waste services.
The nine municipalities will send approximately 25,000 tons of municipal solid waste to the Covanta Springfield Energy-from-Waste facility which diverts waste from landfills and generates electricity for 5,000 homes. Covanta will also provide electronic waste recycling, organics recycling, secure medication and bulk waste disposal. The new agreement is slated to begin in July 2014 with an initial term of three years followed by mutual extension options.
Covanta is the owner/operator of the Covanta Springfield Energy-from-Waste facility in Agawam where eight of the nine municipalities have disposed their municipal solid waste since the facility was built in 1988.
Energy Manager News
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners
- ZTE, Tancent Develop Modular Data Center
- First Quarter 2016: Green Energy Growing Faster than Natural Gas
- Delmarva Power Asks for Over $80M in Electric and Gas Base Rate Hikes
- Florida Supreme Court Puts Kibosh on FPL Fracking Charge
- Restaurant Supply Company Bakes Energy Efficiency into New Facility