One Million Households Added to Carton Recycling
The Carton Council of North America says that just over one million households had cartons added to their recycling programs between January and March. That brings the total of US households with access to 56,970,294. The Carton Council is a group of carton manufacturers united to deliver long-term collaborative solutions in order to divert valuable cartons from the landfill.
Several events contributed to the additions to carton recycling access this year:
- South Dakota became the 46th state to offer carton recycling and establishing access for 19 percent of its households.
- The largest household gains occurred in New York and Ohio. New York added access for 180,000 households and increased to 72 percent access for the entire state while Ohio added access for 174,000 households, and increased access from 59 percent to 63 percent.
- Nevada increased access from 1 percent to 10 percent.
- Kansas increased household access from 6 percent to 16 percent.
The Carton Council anticipates reaching 55 percent household access to carton recycling nationwide this year.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market