Henkel Beauty Care Launches More Sustainable Aerosol Packaging
Ball manufactures the new, lighter extruded aluminum can using recycled aluminum to create a metal alloy that exhibits increased strength and allows lightweighting of the container without affecting package integrity, the companies said. This technology allows Ball to lightweight its extruded aluminum aerosol packaging by as much as 10 percent, with further lightweighting expected in the future.
The companies added that due to its cross-enterprise expertise, they were able to add recycled aluminum from Ball’s beverage can plants into slug manufacturing processes, reduce the amount of metal used and lightweight the industry’s standard extruded aluminum package. This helps improve the carbon footprint of a popular product and enhances the environmental performance of both companies, they added.
Currently, almost all extruded aluminum aerosol packaging is made from virgin aluminum slugs.
Energy Manager News
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned
- Energy Managers Buoyed By Supreme Court’s Demand Response Decision
- Dover, N.H., Saves More Than Projected Under EPC
- Datacenters Underestimating Coal Use
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’
- Data Analytics Deepens its Hold on Facilities
- Global Plate and Frame Heat Exchanger Market Growing
- Duke Energy Renewables, Lockheed Martin Sign PPA