Henkel Beauty Care Launches More Sustainable Aerosol Packaging
Ball manufactures the new, lighter extruded aluminum can using recycled aluminum to create a metal alloy that exhibits increased strength and allows lightweighting of the container without affecting package integrity, the companies said. This technology allows Ball to lightweight its extruded aluminum aerosol packaging by as much as 10 percent, with further lightweighting expected in the future.
The companies added that due to its cross-enterprise expertise, they were able to add recycled aluminum from Ball’s beverage can plants into slug manufacturing processes, reduce the amount of metal used and lightweight the industry’s standard extruded aluminum package. This helps improve the carbon footprint of a popular product and enhances the environmental performance of both companies, they added.
Currently, almost all extruded aluminum aerosol packaging is made from virgin aluminum slugs.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners