Waterborne Coating Partnership Formed
Axalta Coating Systems, a global supplier of liquid and powder coatings, Shanghai Kinlita Chemical and Beijing Foton Daimler Automotive, a joint venture between Beiqi Foton and Daimler, have agreed to a partnership for the supply of Axalta’s more environmentally responsible waterborne primer and basecoat, the companies said.
Beijing Foton Daimler Automotive, a manufacturers of heavy duty trucks in China, will use Axalta’s advanced waterborne technology to coat its latest line of heavy duty trucks with technical support provided by Kinlita.
Axalta applied its established technology in waterborne primers and basecoats and quickly provided the products in the requested colors during Foton Daimler’s pilot period, according to the company.
The VOC emission levels of Axalta’s waterborne technology are designed to meet European and North American environmental regulations. Axalta’s waterborne products have been adopted by automobile and commercial vehicle manufacturers alike seeking new technology to address the industry’s increasing demand for sustainable coatings.
Energy Manager News
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs
- GM’s Renewable Efforts Build from the Ground Up
- Fairbanks Completes 4 Building Project in MA