Sainsbury’s Recycles Easter Egg Packaging
Customers will be able to recycle all of the discarded packaging – plastic, film, card, foil and ribbon – in the first such facility of its kind at 50 of its stores with a national rollout planned next year.
Sainsbury’s head of sustainability, engineering, energy and environment, Paul Crewe, said: “The Easter egg recycling bin helps at a busy time when there might be an increase in household waste that can be put to positive use – particularly as it allows for materials like rigid plastic which might not be universally accepted elsewhere.”
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation