Sainsbury’s Recycles Easter Egg Packaging
Customers will be able to recycle all of the discarded packaging – plastic, film, card, foil and ribbon – in the first such facility of its kind at 50 of its stores with a national rollout planned next year.
Sainsbury’s head of sustainability, engineering, energy and environment, Paul Crewe, said: “The Easter egg recycling bin helps at a busy time when there might be an increase in household waste that can be put to positive use – particularly as it allows for materials like rigid plastic which might not be universally accepted elsewhere.”
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment