Sainsbury’s Recycles Easter Egg Packaging
Customers will be able to recycle all of the discarded packaging – plastic, film, card, foil and ribbon – in the first such facility of its kind at 50 of its stores with a national rollout planned next year.
Sainsbury’s head of sustainability, engineering, energy and environment, Paul Crewe, said: “The Easter egg recycling bin helps at a busy time when there might be an increase in household waste that can be put to positive use – particularly as it allows for materials like rigid plastic which might not be universally accepted elsewhere.”
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned