EPA Enhances How’s My Waterway App
The How’s My Waterway app available from a smart phone, tablet or desktop computer uses GPS technology or ZIP codes to provide information about local water quality. The new version of the site includes data on local drinking water sources, watersheds and efforts to protect waterways, as well as a map-oriented version of How’s My Waterway designed for museum kiosks, displays and touch screens.
New data and improvements based on user feedback include information on:
- The waterways that supply drinking water to communities.
- The health of watersheds and organizations working to protect watersheds.
- Permits that limit pollutant discharge into waterways.
- Efforts to restore waterways to protect and improve fish habitats by the National Fish Habitat Partnerships.
Energy Manager News
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage
- Competitive Green Retailer Star Energy Partners Expands to New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED