EPA Enhances How’s My Waterway App
The How’s My Waterway app available from a smart phone, tablet or desktop computer uses GPS technology or ZIP codes to provide information about local water quality. The new version of the site includes data on local drinking water sources, watersheds and efforts to protect waterways, as well as a map-oriented version of How’s My Waterway designed for museum kiosks, displays and touch screens.
New data and improvements based on user feedback include information on:
- The waterways that supply drinking water to communities.
- The health of watersheds and organizations working to protect watersheds.
- Permits that limit pollutant discharge into waterways.
- Efforts to restore waterways to protect and improve fish habitats by the National Fish Habitat Partnerships.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 22
- Future Is Bright for Solar at Stanford
- Noresco Named Qualified Energy Performance Contractor in New Mexico
- Home Depot Sells Cree LED Flood Light for $9.97
- Professional Laundering Facility Installs Cogeneration
- PowerWise Offers Web Controls for Mini-Split Heat Pumps
- DOE Spends $32M to Boost Solar Workforce Training, Technology Innovation
- Trane Partners with Telkonet for Hotel Industry