EPA Enhances How’s My Waterway App
The How’s My Waterway app available from a smart phone, tablet or desktop computer uses GPS technology or ZIP codes to provide information about local water quality. The new version of the site includes data on local drinking water sources, watersheds and efforts to protect waterways, as well as a map-oriented version of How’s My Waterway designed for museum kiosks, displays and touch screens.
New data and improvements based on user feedback include information on:
- The waterways that supply drinking water to communities.
- The health of watersheds and organizations working to protect watersheds.
- Permits that limit pollutant discharge into waterways.
- Efforts to restore waterways to protect and improve fish habitats by the National Fish Habitat Partnerships.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- OATI Taps EnSync for Planned Microgrid
- Lime Energy to Provide Clean Energy Tech to 100K Small Businesses
- Celtic Bank Backs Solar to the Tune of $43 Million
- GE, Coachella Energy Building a Big Lithium-Ion Battery
- The Importance of Energy Storage System Software
- Duke Increasines Chiller Efficiency
- Pepco-Exelon Merger Rejected
- Energy Savings a Key to Calgary Building Redevelopment