Keystone Decision Delayed Yet Again
The State Department extended the comment period until after the Nebraska Supreme Court rules on what path the pipeline should take through the state. That process is expected to take at least through November can could last into next year, Reuters adds. A State Department decision had been expected in May.
Environmentalists supporters of Obama extracting oil from Canadian tar sands will worsen climate change and they expect the president to reject the pipeline eventually as part of his overall strategy to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years