Synthetic Motor Oils from Natural Gas Introduced
Pennzoil introduced synthetic motor oils formulated from natural gas, Pennzoil Platinum and Pennzoil Ultra Platinum, with PurePlus Technology. Pennzoil said PurePlus Technology is a patented process that converts pure natural gas into the first-of-its-kind, high quality full synthetic base oil.
The company claims the Pennzoil Platinum line of products made with PurePlus Technology is the first major development in motor oil in more than 40 years.
The company said the technology starts with a base of pure, crystal clear base oil made from natural gas with fewer of the impurities found in crude oil.
The oils are designed to provide coverage on five areas consumers deem as most critical for motor oil performance: engine cleanliness, fuel economy, conservation of horsepower, wear protection, and performance in extreme temperatures.
Energy Manager News
- An Interesting Summer for PACE
- AAMA Offers Fenestration Course
- AEEE: Efficiency as a Resource is a Winner
- Chicago Cubs’ Wrigley Field to be Powered by Commercial Retailer ENGIE Resources
- Who Should Pay for a Utility’s Bad Business Decisions – Owners or Customers?
- Major Industries Could Be Moved By High Rates To Leave Wisconsin
- The World is About to See Whether Apple’s Solar Investment Pays Off
- BREEAM USA Takes Aim at In-Use Structures