Synthetic Motor Oils from Natural Gas Introduced
Pennzoil introduced synthetic motor oils formulated from natural gas, Pennzoil Platinum and Pennzoil Ultra Platinum, with PurePlus Technology. Pennzoil said PurePlus Technology is a patented process that converts pure natural gas into the first-of-its-kind, high quality full synthetic base oil.
The company claims the Pennzoil Platinum line of products made with PurePlus Technology is the first major development in motor oil in more than 40 years.
The company said the technology starts with a base of pure, crystal clear base oil made from natural gas with fewer of the impurities found in crude oil.
The oils are designed to provide coverage on five areas consumers deem as most critical for motor oil performance: engine cleanliness, fuel economy, conservation of horsepower, wear protection, and performance in extreme temperatures.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B