Synthetic Motor Oils from Natural Gas Introduced
Pennzoil introduced synthetic motor oils formulated from natural gas, Pennzoil Platinum and Pennzoil Ultra Platinum, with PurePlus Technology. Pennzoil said PurePlus Technology is a patented process that converts pure natural gas into the first-of-its-kind, high quality full synthetic base oil.
The company claims the Pennzoil Platinum line of products made with PurePlus Technology is the first major development in motor oil in more than 40 years.
The company said the technology starts with a base of pure, crystal clear base oil made from natural gas with fewer of the impurities found in crude oil.
The oils are designed to provide coverage on five areas consumers deem as most critical for motor oil performance: engine cleanliness, fuel economy, conservation of horsepower, wear protection, and performance in extreme temperatures.
Energy Manager News
- The Evolution of Customer Renewable Energy Choice
- Target, adidas, Walmart Honored for Efficient Roof-Top Units
- Rising Tide of Energy Storage Floats all Boats
- Better Buildings Alliance Launches Indoor Lighting Campaign for Commercial Buildings
- Scaling of Energy Storage Market Hinges on ESSI Vendors
- CalCom Solar to Deploy 1.1MW at Dairy
- Raritan Combines DCIM, IT Management for Data Centers
- Army to Save $113M Over 19 Years with CHP Plant