Apple Now Recycling All of its Products
The company debuted an environmental section on its website that also unveiled its commitment to become powered 100 percent by renewable energy.
Apple gift cards had been distributed at some of its 420 worldwide stores in exchange for iPhones and iPods. Gift cards won’t be given out for recycled products that aren’t in good enough condition for resale.
In the past seven years alone, Apple has sold more than 1 billion iPhones, iPods, iPads and Mac computers, according to the company.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B