Recargo Completes Record-Setting Trip
The 12,183-mile battery-powered trip is seeking Guinness World Record verification for longest vehicle journey ever taken using 100 percdent electric power.
A stock Tesla Model S sedan took the trip, which was sponsored by electric vehicle (EV) software and information services company Recargo. The sedan was driven across a 27-state route spanning the four corners of the lower 48 states: Washington, Maine, Florida, and California, ending at Recargo’s offices in Venice, California.
Recargo’s journey Trip navigated via PlugShare, the company’s mobile app directory of public electric vehicle charging stations. PlugShare helps electric vehicle drivers pinpoint charging locations from a database of over 48,000 public charging stations worldwide, Recargo said.
Energy Manager News
- Dynegy Files to Move Illinois Into ‘Single, Competitive Power Market’
- IRRC Jettisons Pennsylvania PUC’s Controversial Cap on Net Metering
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT