Recargo Completes Record-Setting Trip
The 12,183-mile battery-powered trip is seeking Guinness World Record verification for longest vehicle journey ever taken using 100 percdent electric power.
A stock Tesla Model S sedan took the trip, which was sponsored by electric vehicle (EV) software and information services company Recargo. The sedan was driven across a 27-state route spanning the four corners of the lower 48 states: Washington, Maine, Florida, and California, ending at Recargo’s offices in Venice, California.
Recargo’s journey Trip navigated via PlugShare, the company’s mobile app directory of public electric vehicle charging stations. PlugShare helps electric vehicle drivers pinpoint charging locations from a database of over 48,000 public charging stations worldwide, Recargo said.
Energy Manager News
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned
- Energy Managers Buoyed By Supreme Court’s Demand Response Decision
- Dover, N.H., Saves More Than Projected Under EPC
- Datacenters Underestimating Coal Use
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’