Recargo Completes Record-Setting Trip
The 12,183-mile battery-powered trip is seeking Guinness World Record verification for longest vehicle journey ever taken using 100 percdent electric power.
A stock Tesla Model S sedan took the trip, which was sponsored by electric vehicle (EV) software and information services company Recargo. The sedan was driven across a 27-state route spanning the four corners of the lower 48 states: Washington, Maine, Florida, and California, ending at Recargo’s offices in Venice, California.
Recargo’s journey Trip navigated via PlugShare, the company’s mobile app directory of public electric vehicle charging stations. PlugShare helps electric vehicle drivers pinpoint charging locations from a database of over 48,000 public charging stations worldwide, Recargo said.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners