Recargo Completes Record-Setting Trip
The 12,183-mile battery-powered trip is seeking Guinness World Record verification for longest vehicle journey ever taken using 100 percdent electric power.
A stock Tesla Model S sedan took the trip, which was sponsored by electric vehicle (EV) software and information services company Recargo. The sedan was driven across a 27-state route spanning the four corners of the lower 48 states: Washington, Maine, Florida, and California, ending at Recargo’s offices in Venice, California.
Recargo’s journey Trip navigated via PlugShare, the company’s mobile app directory of public electric vehicle charging stations. PlugShare helps electric vehicle drivers pinpoint charging locations from a database of over 48,000 public charging stations worldwide, Recargo said.
Energy Manager News
- The Evolution of Customer Renewable Energy Choice
- Target, adidas, Walmart Honored for Efficient Roof-Top Units
- Rising Tide of Energy Storage Floats all Boats
- Better Buildings Alliance Launches Indoor Lighting Campaign for Commercial Buildings
- Scaling of Energy Storage Market Hinges on ESSI Vendors
- CalCom Solar to Deploy 1.1MW at Dairy
- Raritan Combines DCIM, IT Management for Data Centers
- Army to Save $113M Over 19 Years with CHP Plant