Biofuel Target Slashed Retroactively
EPA had required 6 million gallons in a plan it finalized last August, but that was reduced to 810,000 this week in a new rule.
The oil industry challenged the plan for the biofuel made from cellulosic ethanol after one of two companies in the industry reduced its production estimates.
The EPA has agreed to reconsider the mandate that would have required oil refiners to buy credits if cellulosic biofuels were not available.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council