Biofuel Target Slashed Retroactively
EPA had required 6 million gallons in a plan it finalized last August, but that was reduced to 810,000 this week in a new rule.
The oil industry challenged the plan for the biofuel made from cellulosic ethanol after one of two companies in the industry reduced its production estimates.
The EPA has agreed to reconsider the mandate that would have required oil refiners to buy credits if cellulosic biofuels were not available.
Energy Manager News
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling is Worth Another Look
- Bruce County, Ontario, Tabs Ecosystem
- Oklahoma University Scores Almost $300K Incentive
- Smart Tech Takes Over, Bolstered By Record Investment
- Amendment 4 in Florida Would Expand Solar Property Tax Exemptions to C&I Ratepayers
- Pennsylvania PUC Approves Temporary Waiver of ‘Instant Connect’ Confirmation Letters
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along