Biofuel Target Slashed Retroactively
EPA had required 6 million gallons in a plan it finalized last August, but that was reduced to 810,000 this week in a new rule.
The oil industry challenged the plan for the biofuel made from cellulosic ethanol after one of two companies in the industry reduced its production estimates.
The EPA has agreed to reconsider the mandate that would have required oil refiners to buy credits if cellulosic biofuels were not available.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management