Biofuel Target Slashed Retroactively
EPA had required 6 million gallons in a plan it finalized last August, but that was reduced to 810,000 this week in a new rule.
The oil industry challenged the plan for the biofuel made from cellulosic ethanol after one of two companies in the industry reduced its production estimates.
The EPA has agreed to reconsider the mandate that would have required oil refiners to buy credits if cellulosic biofuels were not available.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 22
- Future Is Bright for Solar at Stanford
- Noresco Named Qualified Energy Performance Contractor in New Mexico
- Home Depot Sells Cree LED Flood Light for $9.97
- Professional Laundering Facility Installs Cogeneration
- PowerWise Offers Web Controls for Mini-Split Heat Pumps
- DOE Spends $32M to Boost Solar Workforce Training, Technology Innovation
- Trane Partners with Telkonet for Hotel Industry