Biofuel Target Slashed Retroactively
EPA had required 6 million gallons in a plan it finalized last August, but that was reduced to 810,000 this week in a new rule.
The oil industry challenged the plan for the biofuel made from cellulosic ethanol after one of two companies in the industry reduced its production estimates.
The EPA has agreed to reconsider the mandate that would have required oil refiners to buy credits if cellulosic biofuels were not available.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Making a Powerful Impact with Solar Proposals in Canada and Beyond
- Renovate America Lands $90M Investment
- Automated Building Envelope Sealing Technology Previewed
- Telecom Towers in India Switching to Hydrogen Fuel Cells
- Energy Star Certified Dehumidifier Introduced
- ESG Upgrades Schools in Alabama, Illinois
- Shedding a Light on Marijuana Growth
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts