Clariant Expanding Chinese Footprint
Specialty chemical company Clariant has committed to major investments in the Chinese plastics industry. The company identified supply- and service-related investments that respond to the megatrends affecting the region, and local needs for more innovative and sustainable products for end-markets such as packaging and electrical & electronics (E&E).
Clariant’s established operations in more than 18 major cities across Greater China, include production facilities, sales offices and technical service centers.
Planned investments will include new units at Clariant’s production site in Zhenjiang. The company is evaluating options for a new production facility to provide micronized waxes for the domestic.
Following its acquisition of the Organic Pigment Business of Jiangsu Multicolor Fine Chemical Co., Ltd (JMC) in 2013, the Business Unit Pigments will construct PV 23 plant at Zhenjiang, planned to open in 2016. At its Guangzhou plant, Clariant’s Business Unit Masterbatches is in the process of doubling production capacity to better serve local market demand and special customer requests.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend