Clariant Expanding Chinese Footprint
Specialty chemical company Clariant has committed to major investments in the Chinese plastics industry. The company identified supply- and service-related investments that respond to the megatrends affecting the region, and local needs for more innovative and sustainable products for end-markets such as packaging and electrical & electronics (E&E).
Clariant’s established operations in more than 18 major cities across Greater China, include production facilities, sales offices and technical service centers.
Planned investments will include new units at Clariant’s production site in Zhenjiang. The company is evaluating options for a new production facility to provide micronized waxes for the domestic.
Following its acquisition of the Organic Pigment Business of Jiangsu Multicolor Fine Chemical Co., Ltd (JMC) in 2013, the Business Unit Pigments will construct PV 23 plant at Zhenjiang, planned to open in 2016. At its Guangzhou plant, Clariant’s Business Unit Masterbatches is in the process of doubling production capacity to better serve local market demand and special customer requests.
Energy Manager News
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years
- Report Details Massive UK Energy Waste
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV