Clariant Expanding Chinese Footprint
Specialty chemical company Clariant has committed to major investments in the Chinese plastics industry. The company identified supply- and service-related investments that respond to the megatrends affecting the region, and local needs for more innovative and sustainable products for end-markets such as packaging and electrical & electronics (E&E).
Clariant’s established operations in more than 18 major cities across Greater China, include production facilities, sales offices and technical service centers.
Planned investments will include new units at Clariant’s production site in Zhenjiang. The company is evaluating options for a new production facility to provide micronized waxes for the domestic.
Following its acquisition of the Organic Pigment Business of Jiangsu Multicolor Fine Chemical Co., Ltd (JMC) in 2013, the Business Unit Pigments will construct PV 23 plant at Zhenjiang, planned to open in 2016. At its Guangzhou plant, Clariant’s Business Unit Masterbatches is in the process of doubling production capacity to better serve local market demand and special customer requests.
Energy Manager News
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: October 21, 2016
- Could Cleaner Energy Save Ohio Ratepayers $50M in 2030, Alone?
- Yakima City Council Mulls Utility Rate Hike on Large Businesses to Bolster Reserve Fund