Biofuel Milestone Reached
Renewable Energy Group (REG) reached a milestone of having sold 1 billion gallons of advanced biofuel during its 17 year history.
REG said it achieved this milestone through investments in a fully integrated value chain including its manufacturing, sales & marketing, and supply chain management. The company went from marketing 30,000 gallons of biodiesel in 1996 to more than 258 million gallons last year.
REG was formed and began operating as an independent company in 2006, as the successor to the biodiesel operations of West Central Cooperative in Ralston, Iowa, which first began producing biodiesel from a one million gallon per year batch plant in 1996.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland