Biofuel Milestone Reached
Renewable Energy Group (REG) reached a milestone of having sold 1 billion gallons of advanced biofuel during its 17 year history.
REG said it achieved this milestone through investments in a fully integrated value chain including its manufacturing, sales & marketing, and supply chain management. The company went from marketing 30,000 gallons of biodiesel in 1996 to more than 258 million gallons last year.
REG was formed and began operating as an independent company in 2006, as the successor to the biodiesel operations of West Central Cooperative in Ralston, Iowa, which first began producing biodiesel from a one million gallon per year batch plant in 1996.
Energy Manager News
- The Evolution of Customer Renewable Energy Choice
- Target, adidas, Walmart Honored for Efficient Roof-Top Units
- Rising Tide of Energy Storage Floats all Boats
- Better Buildings Alliance Launches Indoor Lighting Campaign for Commercial Buildings
- Scaling of Energy Storage Market Hinges on ESSI Vendors
- CalCom Solar to Deploy 1.1MW at Dairy
- Raritan Combines DCIM, IT Management for Data Centers
- Army to Save $113M Over 19 Years with CHP Plant