Biofuel Milestone Reached
Renewable Energy Group (REG) reached a milestone of having sold 1 billion gallons of advanced biofuel during its 17 year history.
REG said it achieved this milestone through investments in a fully integrated value chain including its manufacturing, sales & marketing, and supply chain management. The company went from marketing 30,000 gallons of biodiesel in 1996 to more than 258 million gallons last year.
REG was formed and began operating as an independent company in 2006, as the successor to the biodiesel operations of West Central Cooperative in Ralston, Iowa, which first began producing biodiesel from a one million gallon per year batch plant in 1996.
Energy Manager News
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- Apple Defends 100% Renewable Energy Claim
- Ontario Investing $900M in Affordable Housing
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending May 20, 2016
- CAL-ISO Study: Regional Energy Market Could Yield $1.5B in Savings Annually to Ratepayers
- Sands to Stay, But MGM and Wynn Still Plan to Leave NV Energy
- Turning Data into Knowledge–and Action