Proterro Process Becoming Scalable
The company provided an update on its development of a clean sugar feedstock for biofuels and biobased chemicals. While sugar production has begun at low levels, it has been controllable, meaning that it can be increased as predicted. Proterroâ€™s photobioreactor, which cultivates Proterroâ€™s patented, sugar-producing cyanobacteria, is the other key part of the companyâ€™s sugar-making process.
Learnings from the pilot thus far are leading to improvements in the next-generation photobioreactor being developed with ILC Dover (ILC), the NASA spacesuit maker that specializes in advanced fabrics and engineered inflatables, the company said. An updated iteration of the photobioreactor is due for installation later this quarter.
ILC helped create a modular, robust, collapsible structure that would integrate systems for optimizing light, water supply and sugar collection.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management