Sustainability Reporting Tool Introduced
GRESB, a sustainability reporting standard for commercial real estate, asset managers and developers, has an annual survey period from April 1 to June 30. More than 50,000 commercial properties were surveyed in 2013 and more are expected this year.
Survey participants can take weeks to gather a format asset-level data for disclosure through GRESB. Measurabl says its cloud-based software automatically collects asset-level data and guides used step-by-step through the reporting process.
According to Measurabl, sustainability reporting presents challenges in three ways. Companies may struggle to get asset-level energy, carbon, water and waste data aggregated in the proper format. That also takes a long time to coordinate data collection in a large organization. Also, responses to the various sustainability standards and formats may be confusing and burdensome.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array