Sustainability Reporting Tool Introduced
GRESB, a sustainability reporting standard for commercial real estate, asset managers and developers, has an annual survey period from April 1 to June 30. More than 50,000 commercial properties were surveyed in 2013 and more are expected this year.
Survey participants can take weeks to gather a format asset-level data for disclosure through GRESB. Measurabl says its cloud-based software automatically collects asset-level data and guides used step-by-step through the reporting process.
According to Measurabl, sustainability reporting presents challenges in three ways. Companies may struggle to get asset-level energy, carbon, water and waste data aggregated in the proper format. That also takes a long time to coordinate data collection in a large organization. Also, responses to the various sustainability standards and formats may be confusing and burdensome.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs