Sustainability Reporting Tool Introduced
GRESB, a sustainability reporting standard for commercial real estate, asset managers and developers, has an annual survey period from April 1 to June 30. More than 50,000 commercial properties were surveyed in 2013 and more are expected this year.
Survey participants can take weeks to gather a format asset-level data for disclosure through GRESB. Measurabl says its cloud-based software automatically collects asset-level data and guides used step-by-step through the reporting process.
According to Measurabl, sustainability reporting presents challenges in three ways. Companies may struggle to get asset-level energy, carbon, water and waste data aggregated in the proper format. That also takes a long time to coordinate data collection in a large organization. Also, responses to the various sustainability standards and formats may be confusing and burdensome.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE