Sustainability Reporting Tool Introduced
GRESB, a sustainability reporting standard for commercial real estate, asset managers and developers, has an annual survey period from April 1 to June 30. More than 50,000 commercial properties were surveyed in 2013 and more are expected this year.
Survey participants can take weeks to gather a format asset-level data for disclosure through GRESB. Measurabl says its cloud-based software automatically collects asset-level data and guides used step-by-step through the reporting process.
According to Measurabl, sustainability reporting presents challenges in three ways. Companies may struggle to get asset-level energy, carbon, water and waste data aggregated in the proper format. That also takes a long time to coordinate data collection in a large organization. Also, responses to the various sustainability standards and formats may be confusing and burdensome.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store