Sustainability Reporting Tool Introduced
GRESB, a sustainability reporting standard for commercial real estate, asset managers and developers, has an annual survey period from April 1 to June 30. More than 50,000 commercial properties were surveyed in 2013 and more are expected this year.
Survey participants can take weeks to gather a format asset-level data for disclosure through GRESB. Measurabl says its cloud-based software automatically collects asset-level data and guides used step-by-step through the reporting process.
According to Measurabl, sustainability reporting presents challenges in three ways. Companies may struggle to get asset-level energy, carbon, water and waste data aggregated in the proper format. That also takes a long time to coordinate data collection in a large organization. Also, responses to the various sustainability standards and formats may be confusing and burdensome.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend