USGBC Launches Real-Time Green Building Tool
The US Green Building Council has launched an online tool that provides real-time green building data for each state in the US and Washington, DC.
The state market briefs highlight LEED projects, LEED-credentialed professionals and USGBC membership in each state.
The USGBC says the online tool shows the benefits of LEED green buildings: each market brief acts as a state-level barometer of economic activity taking place in an industry that McGraw-Hill projects could be worth up to $248 billion and represent more than half of all commercial and institutional construction in the US by 2016.
Market briefs for countries outside the US are available upon request, and LEED for Homes and LEED for Neighborhood Development data and projects will be added later this year.
The US Green Building Council launched LEED v4 last November, and in the same month UL Environment published a LEED toolkit geared to support architects and designers in their product specification and selection processes.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works