Web-Based ESG Ratings Portal Launched
S-Network Global Indexes, a New York-based developer of proprietary indices, and Thomson Reuters have launched a web-based portal for accessing environmental, social and governance ratings on more than 4,600 public companies.
The ratings aim to provide investors with an objective and transparent scoring system for grading the ESG performance of the world’s leading public companies.
S-Network says its goal in developing the Thomson Reuters Corporate Responsibility Ratings (TRCRR) was to establish common standards for rating ESG factors of corporate entities, providing an engine of transparency that encourages consistent and actionable risk analysis for investors worldwide.
TRCRR are compiled and published by Thomson Reuters in conjunction with S-Network Global Indexes. The ratings are calculated using Thomson Reuters Asset4 data, which provides detailed information on more than 250 key performance indicators and more than 750 individual data points. KPIs cover factors such as carbon emissions, water usage, workplace safety, compensation policy and disclosure practice.
This process produces eight numeric values for each company screened: ratings and percentile ranks covering environmental, social, governance and composite ESG compliance.
Last year, Thomson Reuters and S-Network Global Indexes launched the Thomson Reuters Corporate Responsibility Indices, a family of ESG indices.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland