Web-Based ESG Ratings Portal Launched
S-Network Global Indexes, a New York-based developer of proprietary indices, and Thomson Reuters have launched a web-based portal for accessing environmental, social and governance ratings on more than 4,600 public companies.
The ratings aim to provide investors with an objective and transparent scoring system for grading the ESG performance of the world’s leading public companies.
S-Network says its goal in developing the Thomson Reuters Corporate Responsibility Ratings (TRCRR) was to establish common standards for rating ESG factors of corporate entities, providing an engine of transparency that encourages consistent and actionable risk analysis for investors worldwide.
TRCRR are compiled and published by Thomson Reuters in conjunction with S-Network Global Indexes. The ratings are calculated using Thomson Reuters Asset4 data, which provides detailed information on more than 250 key performance indicators and more than 750 individual data points. KPIs cover factors such as carbon emissions, water usage, workplace safety, compensation policy and disclosure practice.
This process produces eight numeric values for each company screened: ratings and percentile ranks covering environmental, social, governance and composite ESG compliance.
Last year, Thomson Reuters and S-Network Global Indexes launched the Thomson Reuters Corporate Responsibility Indices, a family of ESG indices.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store