Web-Based ESG Ratings Portal Launched
S-Network Global Indexes, a New York-based developer of proprietary indices, and Thomson Reuters have launched a web-based portal for accessing environmental, social and governance ratings on more than 4,600 public companies.
The ratings aim to provide investors with an objective and transparent scoring system for grading the ESG performance of the world’s leading public companies.
S-Network says its goal in developing the Thomson Reuters Corporate Responsibility Ratings (TRCRR) was to establish common standards for rating ESG factors of corporate entities, providing an engine of transparency that encourages consistent and actionable risk analysis for investors worldwide.
TRCRR are compiled and published by Thomson Reuters in conjunction with S-Network Global Indexes. The ratings are calculated using Thomson Reuters Asset4 data, which provides detailed information on more than 250 key performance indicators and more than 750 individual data points. KPIs cover factors such as carbon emissions, water usage, workplace safety, compensation policy and disclosure practice.
This process produces eight numeric values for each company screened: ratings and percentile ranks covering environmental, social, governance and composite ESG compliance.
Last year, Thomson Reuters and S-Network Global Indexes launched the Thomson Reuters Corporate Responsibility Indices, a family of ESG indices.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Seeing U-Haul’s HQ Parking Structure in a New (LED) Light
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies: The Case for Moving Beyond Batteries
- Nuclear Giant Exelon Wants to Invest in Wind Energy in Ohio
- Arby’s Reports on Corporate Social Responsibility Initiatives
- Navigant: Smart Meter Sector Has “Plateaued”
- Poll: 75% of Large U.S. Corporations Say They Will Buy Renewables Within 18 Months
- Duke Energy Progress Customers to See Fuel Cost-Recovery Savings
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity