Indoor Air Quality Market Revenue to Surge 80% by 2020
The global revenue for the indoor air quality monitoring and management market, driven by new building standards and regulations as well as a rebounding economy, will grow 80 percent to $5.6 billion by 2020, according to a forecast from Navigant Research.
The report, Indoor Air Quality Monitoring and Management, says the developed markets for indoor air quality-related HVAC markets remain sluggish — a holdover from the 2009 global recession. However, the North American market will become more robust this year. Europe will follow a similar trend but will not begin to recover until late 2014, the report says.
Indoor air quality monitoring will continue to move away from passive systems and toward intelligent systems. Demand will increase for feedback to operators on how the delivery of crucial ventilation air relates to the distribution of the people in the building.
Meanwhile, North American manufacturers are expected to lead an increase in the use of energy recovery ventilation units largely due to the combined influence of the adoption of American Society of Heating Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers 90.1 into state codes in the US and the favorable economics they provide around the world.
ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 62.1-2013, Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Air Quality, combines the 2010 standard and 10 published addenda to that edition. ASHRAE says this consolidated standard increases clarity and flexibility.
Significant changes include requirements for the quality of water used in humidifications systems, the addition of a performance alternative to prescriptive exhaust rates and the allowance of toilet exhaust to be recirculated once it has been cleaned.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight