Ford’s Smart Fleet Tool Saves Customers Money
Ford’s Fleet Purchase Planner is expected to reduce escalator and elevator manufacturer Kone’s carbon emissions output by 850 metric tons annually while saving the company money, the automaker says.
Using the planner, customers build a fleet of Ford vehicles. Factoring in environmental concerns, individual driving habits of employees and terrain traveled, the planner then calculates the fleet’s environmental impact and cost. Buyers are able to change the lineup until the mix meets their goals.
Kone used the tool and has committed to replacing its fleet of 160 Ford Fusion cars with the new Fusion Hybrid by 2018.
The Ford Fleet Purchase Planner is available only to companies maintaining fleet vehicles.
Earlier this month, Ford, BMW, GM, Honda and 10 other leading automakers agreed a set of expectations for suppliers, relating to the environment, working conditions, human rights and business ethics.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland