Ford’s Smart Fleet Tool Saves Customers Money
Ford’s Fleet Purchase Planner is expected to reduce escalator and elevator manufacturer Kone’s carbon emissions output by 850 metric tons annually while saving the company money, the automaker says.
Using the planner, customers build a fleet of Ford vehicles. Factoring in environmental concerns, individual driving habits of employees and terrain traveled, the planner then calculates the fleet’s environmental impact and cost. Buyers are able to change the lineup until the mix meets their goals.
Kone used the tool and has committed to replacing its fleet of 160 Ford Fusion cars with the new Fusion Hybrid by 2018.
The Ford Fleet Purchase Planner is available only to companies maintaining fleet vehicles.
Earlier this month, Ford, BMW, GM, Honda and 10 other leading automakers agreed a set of expectations for suppliers, relating to the environment, working conditions, human rights and business ethics.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls