Ford’s Smart Fleet Tool Saves Customers Money
Ford’s Fleet Purchase Planner is expected to reduce escalator and elevator manufacturer Kone’s carbon emissions output by 850 metric tons annually while saving the company money, the automaker says.
Using the planner, customers build a fleet of Ford vehicles. Factoring in environmental concerns, individual driving habits of employees and terrain traveled, the planner then calculates the fleet’s environmental impact and cost. Buyers are able to change the lineup until the mix meets their goals.
Kone used the tool and has committed to replacing its fleet of 160 Ford Fusion cars with the new Fusion Hybrid by 2018.
The Ford Fleet Purchase Planner is available only to companies maintaining fleet vehicles.
Earlier this month, Ford, BMW, GM, Honda and 10 other leading automakers agreed a set of expectations for suppliers, relating to the environment, working conditions, human rights and business ethics.
Energy Manager News
- Bruce County, Ontario, Tabs Ecosystem
- Oklahoma University Scores Almost $300K Incentive
- Smart Tech Takes Over, Bolstered By Record Investment
- Amendment 4 in Florida Would Expand Solar Property Tax Exemptions to C&I Ratepayers
- Pennsylvania PUC Approves Temporary Waiver of ‘Instant Connect’ Confirmation Letters
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program