Ford’s Smart Fleet Tool Saves Customers Money
Ford’s Fleet Purchase Planner is expected to reduce escalator and elevator manufacturer Kone’s carbon emissions output by 850 metric tons annually while saving the company money, the automaker says.
Using the planner, customers build a fleet of Ford vehicles. Factoring in environmental concerns, individual driving habits of employees and terrain traveled, the planner then calculates the fleet’s environmental impact and cost. Buyers are able to change the lineup until the mix meets their goals.
Kone used the tool and has committed to replacing its fleet of 160 Ford Fusion cars with the new Fusion Hybrid by 2018.
The Ford Fleet Purchase Planner is available only to companies maintaining fleet vehicles.
Earlier this month, Ford, BMW, GM, Honda and 10 other leading automakers agreed a set of expectations for suppliers, relating to the environment, working conditions, human rights and business ethics.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- QM Power Introduces Efficient Motor
- Denver Zoo Halts Biomass Project
- New York City Continues to Blaze Building Efficiency Trail with Launch of Its Data-Driven NYC Retrofit Accelerator
- Support Builds for Marrying Printable Electronics and Smart Buildings
- Six Steps to a Winning GRESB Audit
- Mexico Shopping for 2M Smart Meters
- Raleigh, N.C. Finally Getting its LEDs
- Wireless Can Make for a More Energy-Efficient BAS System