Acquisition Clears Way for Oil and Gas Standards
Petroleum Industry Data Exchange has acquired the PIDX trademarks and standards publications from the American Petroleum Institute. This gives PIDX International the ability to leverage industry efforts to develop worldwide standards for the global oil and gas business, the nonprofit standards organization says.
“This transfer of intellectual property is a key milestone in our mission to provide for effective electronic collaboration between the oil companies and their suppliers by which the stakeholders in the industry can build and adopt standards for electronic business in oil and gas,” PIDX International CEO Fadi Kanafani says.
PIDX International had previously received an exclusive license from API in 2011. As a prerequisite to closing the final conveyance from API to PIDX International, PIDX International was required to complete a periodic maintenance cycle with respect to all PIDX standards and publish its determination for public review in 2013.
API has reviewed that maintenance cycle and determined that PIDX International is now eligible to become the sole owner of the PIDX name and standards publications. PIDX International now has a clear path forward to the governance and ownership of PIDX standards publications.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market
- UCLA Creates The L.A. Energy Atlas
- Santa Cruz Saves with Six Battery Tower
- Using the IoT to Drive Power Plant Efficiency