Airport Cuts Costs, Packaging Waste with Ecolab Cleaning System
Las Vegas’ McCarran International Airport cut costs and packaging waste after installing Ecolab’s Hydris cleaning system.
In addition to being safer for the environment and employees, the non-toxic cleaning system has helped the airport control costs with a monthly lease, reduce packaging waste and lower shipping expenses, says Ralph LePore, assistant director, terminal operations division for McCarran.
A single Hydris unit dispenses three products: a one-step disinfectant; an all-purpose sanitizer and glass cleaner; and a multi-surface daily floor cleaner. The unit fits into a typical janitorial closet and utilizes advanced mineral tablet technology and water to generate the equivalent of 5,000 ready-to-use bottles of cleaner per one case of 200 tablets, Ecolab says.
In addition to airports, Hydris is geared toward other large facilities such as college campuses and commercial buildings, Ecolab says.
Chris Steep, senior product development program leader for Ecolab’s Global Institutional business, says Hydris can generate a disinfectant solution with five-minute kill times for use as part of an infection prevention program or in response to flu or other outbreaks. The products are registered with the EPA as effective at killing pathogens that include Influenza, Norovirus E.coli and MRSA (antibiotic-resistant bacteria), along with odor-causing bacteria.
McCarran International Airport is among the first airport facilities to adopt the Hydris system.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland