Integrated Reporting Attracts Dedicated Investors, PwC Report Finds
Investors are increasingly considering non-financial factors such as resource scarcity and looking at a company’s integrated reporting to assess the risks and returns of a company, according to a report by PricewaterhouseCoopers.
To evaluate these risks, management teams are using integrated reporting, a toolÂ designed to show a transparent and accurate view of financial and non-financial factors andÂ a company’s strategy, governance, performance and prospects in the short, medium and long term.
Â The report, “10 Minutes on Integrated Reporting,” found that as businesses change in response to global megatrends, integrated reporting lets management better articulate their strategy (see graphic).Â For example, 75 percent of global CEOs say that measuring and reporting total non-financial impacts contributes to long-term success.Â
PwC’s review of 400 companies revealed that 68 percent incorporate at least some non-financial priorities in their core strategies. And 93 percent of companies using integrated reporting say the practice helps remove barriers between departments.
Evidence in the report also suggests companies that practice integrated reporting have more dedicated and less transient investors.Â
In December, theÂ IIRC published its Integrated Reporting Framework, which combinesÂ sustainabilityÂ andÂ financialÂ data to provide aÂ holistic view of the companyÂ and its ability to sustain value over the short, medium and long term.
The IR Framework hasÂ won praise from the accounting world, which says it will help companies to better explain how they create and sustain corporate value.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses