Top 10 Countries for LEED Outside the US
Canada tops the list of the top 10 countries for LEED outside of the US with 17.74 million gross square meters of LEED space.
Collectively, Canada boasts 4,068 total LEED-registered and -certified projects, representing 58.66 million total gross square meters of LEED space, according to the US Green Building Council.
To date, projects teams in more than 140 countries and territories have implemented LEED in their building projects. The ranking of the top 10 countries for LEED outside of the US is based on cumulative gross square meters of space certified to LEED in each nation as of April 2014.
China and India, two of the world’s fastest growing economies and rapid adopters of green building practices, took second and third place on the list, respectively boasting 14.30 million and 11.64 million gross square meters of LEED-certified space.
Other Asian nations in the top 10 include South Korea, at No. 4 with 3.84 million gross square meters of LEED-certified space; Taiwan, at No. 5 with 2.98 million gross square meters; and Singapore, at No. 8 with 2.16 million gross square meters.
In Europe, Germany and Finland secured spots 6 and 10, respectively — Germany with 2.90 million gross square meters of LEED-certified space and Finland with 1.45 million.
In South America, Brazil stood at No. 7 on the list, with 2.85 million gross square meters, while the United Arab Emirates represented green building success in the Middle East, at No. 9 with 1.82 million gross square meters of LEED-certified space.
Earlier this year, the USGBC released its ranking of the Top 10 States for LEED-certified construction for last year with Illinois topping the list.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016
- In Washington State, a New Rate Is Approved for Cryptocurrency Server Farms
- El Paso Electric Files Unopposed Settlement in Texas Rate Case
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024
- Idaho Opens First Solar Farm
- What You Need To Know About Green Insulation: Green Seal’s New Standard
- Obama Administration to Provide Up to $4.5 billion in Loan Guarantees for Electric Charging Stations