C&D Recycling Market to Reach $23.85bn in 2020
The analysis says the construction and demolition (C&D) market in the region is governed by regulations regarding waste reduction, recycling and diversion of waste material resources away from landfilling. The European Union’s Waste Directive mandates C&D must recycle 70 percent of its waste by 2020. The need to recycle C&D waste has prompted waste management companies to optimize collection systems and thereby, increase recycling volumes.
An estimated 25.9 percent rise in the volume of waste till 2020 is intensifying the demand for limiting landfilling. Environmental and land availability concerns apart, the rising prices of landfill are brightening the prospects of market participants that provide sustainable and economically sound solutions for C&D waste management, the analysis says.
Frost & Sullivan research published last month said the increase in sustainability initiatives and focus on energy efficiency across the globe is driving the adoption of energy saving coatings, particularly in the building and construction sectors, which typically account for 40 percent of a nation’s energy consumption.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV
- Walmart Saving Money While Driving Efficiency
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market