Dow Water Technology Cuts Costs 19%
Dow’s Filmtec Eco Reverse Osmosis Elements water technology can help produce up to 40 percent better water purification while using up to 30 percent less energy, resulting in up to 19 percent less operating costs, the company says.
These benefits provide manufacturers, who need water as a critical utility or as a process ingredient, with an ecologic and economic win when making everyday products such as electronics, clothing, food and beverages.
Filmtec Eco Elements also helps power utility providers reduce the need for chemicals used to clean the membranes helping to improve their power production uptime.
The green technology’s ability to reduce the energy required to remove impurities from water has earned it Bronze Edison Award in the Energy/Sustainability and Commercial Resource Management category.
In the first 10 years of use, Filmtec Eco Elements will help produce 15 trillion m3 of clean water while providing more than 2 billion kWh of energy savings and reducing carbon dioxide emissions by 1.5 million metric tons, Dow says.
Last year Dow and De Lage Landen Financial Services, a global provider of asset-based financing for manufacturers and distributors, announced what they said is the industry’s first reverse osmosis (RO) element leasing program for Dow’s Filmtec RO membranes. The leasing program will make Dow Filmtec RO elements more available to businesses and municipalities in North America by giving them better access to financing, the partners say.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- FuelCell Finalizes DOE Awards
- Connecticut, Michigan Get Big Benefits From Energy Efficiency
- LSIS Unveils FEMS Platform
- Navigant: Industrial Energy Management Systems to Reach $35.6B in 2024
- New Wind Farm to Sell Power to Hawaii County Department of Water Supply
- Hybrid Gensets Can Help Solve a Big Problem for the Mining Industry
- Commercial Property Energy Use Down in San Francisco
- Royalpark Homes to Install Solar PV + Energy Storage System