Fracking Fluid Firm Adds Environmental Services
GreenHunter Resources has established a new environmental services division in conjunction with its Total Water Management Solutions.
The firm, which provides water and wastewater services for oil and gas companies, says it added the business segment because of customer demand and the amount of business it had been referring to other environmental service companies.
GreenHunter Environmental Solutions’ (GHES) initial business lines will handle existing customer needs in the following areas and will expand based on customer demand:
- Roll-off services, offering versatility in storing and transporting dry or wet materials, cleanup material, construction debris and equipment. Sludge boxes, vacuum boxes, dewatering boxes and general debris boxes are some of the storage options provided.
- Vacuum service of cement, sludge, lime, sands, and gravel. GHES is capable of vacuuming material from up to 1,000 feet away and can discharge the material into trucks, dumpsters or landfills.
- Vessel, tank, and work surface cleaning services utilize water jet technology to remove scale, hydrocarbons, coke, baked polymers and other difficult deposits from various process vessels and tanks, which will include: decommissioning services, frac tank cleaning, rig platform cleaning, mud pits, waste minimization and transportation, and confined space cleaning and rescue.
Last summer Waste Management acquired Summit Energy Services and Liquid Logistics, two North Dakota energy services companies. The move gave the waste disposal and recycling company access to new markets in the Bakken Shale formation — and expertise the company can use in other regions where it provides environmental services to energy companies, says Harry Lamberton, vice president of energy and environmental services for Waste Management.
Energy Manager News
- IRS to Buildings Owners: “We’re From the Government and We’re Here to Help”
- CT Hospital, Soltage, Tenaska Unveil Solar Plant
- FAA Pays to Upgrade Airport Hangar Heating
- Maryland Electric Coops Mount FERC Challenge to Community Solar Garden Retail Prices
- SEIA Releases Updated Version of ‘Guide to Federal Tax Incentives’
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps