Acquisitions: Foster Wheeler and Siemens, Abengoa and GreenTech
A subsidiary of Foster Wheeler’s Global Power Group has finalized the acquisition of the Siemens Environmental Systems and Services business that supplies and services clean air technologies for use in power plants and industrial facilities.
The Siemens Environmental Systems and Services purchase includes assets of the former Wheelabrator Air Pollution Control Company located in Pittsburgh, Penn., and the Advanced Burner Technology Company located in Branchburg, N.J. Foster Wheeler is in the process of integrating the assets into the global environmental and industrial product offerings of its Global Power Group.
The company says it now offers a comprehensive line of environmental equipment to complement its steam generator products. The offerings include design, engineering, retrofit and service of a broad range of clean air technologies for power and industrial plants including: wet and dry flue gas desulfurization (FGD) and particulate control (fabric filters and electrostatic precipitators), acid gas control, mercury control, NOx reduction and combustion optimization systems.
In other acquisition news, environmental technology company Abengoa has acquired 25 percent of the Beijing-based water company, GreenTech.
The deal is currently under the standard review process by the Chinese government and is expected to be approved in the second quarter of the year, Abengoa says.
Abengoa considers China to be a key market in its long-term strategy. GreenTech is a leader in the Chinese wastewater treatment and reuse market.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners