Acquisitions: Foster Wheeler and Siemens, Abengoa and GreenTech
A subsidiary of Foster Wheeler’s Global Power Group has finalized the acquisition of the Siemens Environmental Systems and Services business that supplies and services clean air technologies for use in power plants and industrial facilities.
The Siemens Environmental Systems and Services purchase includes assets of the former Wheelabrator Air Pollution Control Company located in Pittsburgh, Penn., and the Advanced Burner Technology Company located in Branchburg, N.J. Foster Wheeler is in the process of integrating the assets into the global environmental and industrial product offerings of its Global Power Group.
The company says it now offers a comprehensive line of environmental equipment to complement its steam generator products. The offerings include design, engineering, retrofit and service of a broad range of clean air technologies for power and industrial plants including: wet and dry flue gas desulfurization (FGD) and particulate control (fabric filters and electrostatic precipitators), acid gas control, mercury control, NOx reduction and combustion optimization systems.
In other acquisition news, environmental technology company Abengoa has acquired 25 percent of the Beijing-based water company, GreenTech.
The deal is currently under the standard review process by the Chinese government and is expected to be approved in the second quarter of the year, Abengoa says.
Abengoa considers China to be a key market in its long-term strategy. GreenTech is a leader in the Chinese wastewater treatment and reuse market.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform