Public Sector IR Network Launched
In an effort to encourage integrated reporting (IR) in the public sector, the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) and the International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC) are creating a public sector network to help identify and address key sector specific aspects for IR and facilitate the application of IR to public sector organizations.
The network will be overseen by a steering group of participants and external organizations, CIPFA and IIRC say.
Last year the IIRC released its Integrated Reporting (IR) Framework, which combines sustainability and financial data to provide a holistic view of the company and its ability to sustain value over the short, medium and long term. It focuses on bringing greater efficiency to the reporting process and adopting “integrated thinking” as a way of reducing duplication, IIRC says.
In January the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board and the IIRC teamed up to promote corporate disclosure and sustainability reporting, signing a memorandum of understanding that outlines the basis for ongoing cooperation, collaboration and alignment between the two organizations. Among other measures, SASB and the IIRC agreed to strive for complementarity and compatibility in the ongoing development of their respective frameworks, guidelines and standards, and share the work of the other organization.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid
- Pacific Power Names Three wattsmart Business Partners of the Year
- 2014 Better Than 2013 for Distributed Wind Turbines, But Far Below 2012
- Making Efficiency Attractive to Investors
- Hydrogen from Landfill Powers Forklifts at BMW Plant
- Big Energy Savings for Hoke, N.C., Schools
- Energy Savings Performance Contracts Unlock Deep Savings
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments