Sedex, WBI Develop Open Supply Chain Platform
Responsible supply chain specialists Sedex Global has partnered with the World Bank Institute to develop Open Supply Chain Platform, a free, global online platform for companies to upload, share and track core information in areas of business ethics, labor standards, environmental footprints and governance practices.
Developed as part of the World Bank Institute’s Open Private Sector Platform, the web-based and user-managed online platform will enable suppliers to benchmark themselves against core international standards and provide guidance on areas of weakness, in turn enabling them to drive improvements and share information on performance with buyers. For buyers, the platform will inform sourcing decisions by empowering them to search for, and source goods and services from suppliers that demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of sustainability requirements and commitments.
The Open Supply Chain Platform will help companies better understand their performance, increase sustainability and diversity, and generate shared values along global supply chains, the organizations say.
Sedex will develop content for the platform; OpenCorporates will design system architecture.
On April 15, the European Parliament adopted the directive on disclosure of non-financial and diversity information. Because of this new rule, many EU companies will need to disclose information on policies, risks and outcomes linked to environmental performance, social and employee-related aspects, respect for human rights, anti-corruption practices, bribery issues and diversity.
Image Credit: supply chain via Shutterstock
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight