PE Launches Bioplastics Database
PE International has developed what it says is the first bioplastics database in the world, enabling companies to consider bioplastics as part of their material choices and compare fossil-fuel based to bioplastic materials.
Using PE’s life cycle inventory data, GaBi, the database includes 120 new datasets for bioplastics from different sources such as sugar cane, corn and wheat, and has geographical coverage for Germany the US and Europe. It enables modeling of the complete life cycle of biopolymer materials: the database includes the production processes and the related end-of-life treatment processes (incineration and recycling) that specifically consider the biogenic carbon balance.
Also, recycling processes are available as parameterized and fully adjustable plan systems, for greater flexibility and individual recycling and material recovery scenarios, PE says.
In addition to helping companies manage supply chain risks, PE says the database allows users to better understand the carbon footprint of their products and find recycling and recovery options to help move toward zero waste.
Energy Manager News
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’
- Data Analytics Deepens its Hold on Facilities
- Global Plate and Frame Heat Exchanger Market Growing
- Duke Energy Renewables, Lockheed Martin Sign PPA
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Jan. 29
- FERC Probes High Rates of Four Interstate Gas Pipeline Companies
- Rhode Island Launches Retail Shopping Website
- Successful Energy Managers Follow these 10 Tactics