PE Launches Bioplastics Database
PE International has developed what it says is the first bioplastics database in the world, enabling companies to consider bioplastics as part of their material choices and compare fossil-fuel based to bioplastic materials.
Using PE’s life cycle inventory data, GaBi, the database includes 120 new datasets for bioplastics from different sources such as sugar cane, corn and wheat, and has geographical coverage for Germany the US and Europe. It enables modeling of the complete life cycle of biopolymer materials: the database includes the production processes and the related end-of-life treatment processes (incineration and recycling) that specifically consider the biogenic carbon balance.
Also, recycling processes are available as parameterized and fully adjustable plan systems, for greater flexibility and individual recycling and material recovery scenarios, PE says.
In addition to helping companies manage supply chain risks, PE says the database allows users to better understand the carbon footprint of their products and find recycling and recovery options to help move toward zero waste.
Energy Manager News
- Ohio Wraps Up its SB 310 ‘Energy Mandates’ Committee
- 1/3 of North American Businesses Have Some Solar, Says E Source
- GPS-Enabled LED Streetlights Save $600,000 per Year
- University Stops Energy Projects to Balance its Budget
- 5 Groups Honored for Energy Efficiency in Salt Lake City
- 13 Companies Each Earn ENERGY STAR for 150 Buildings
- Doosan Fuel Cell to Employ 300 by End of 2015
- 7 Parking Facilities Become First in US to Receive Green Garage Certification