PE Launches Bioplastics Database
PE International has developed what it says is the first bioplastics database in the world, enabling companies to consider bioplastics as part of their material choices and compare fossil-fuel based to bioplastic materials.
Using PE’s life cycle inventory data, GaBi, the database includes 120 new datasets for bioplastics from different sources such as sugar cane, corn and wheat, and has geographical coverage for Germany the US and Europe. It enables modeling of the complete life cycle of biopolymer materials: the database includes the production processes and the related end-of-life treatment processes (incineration and recycling) that specifically consider the biogenic carbon balance.
Also, recycling processes are available as parameterized and fully adjustable plan systems, for greater flexibility and individual recycling and material recovery scenarios, PE says.
In addition to helping companies manage supply chain risks, PE says the database allows users to better understand the carbon footprint of their products and find recycling and recovery options to help move toward zero waste.
Energy Manager News
- Featured Project of the Year: Atlas Box Deploys Digital Lumens for Energy Intelligence
- Businesses Find that It’s Possible to Save Money–and the Environment
- Duquesne Light Building Experimental Microgrid
- Las Cruces Moving to LEDs, Solar
- Intelligence and Automation to Drive Growth of Smart Cities
- Energy Manager Today Product & Project of the Year Award Winners Announced
- Mobility, The IoT Gradually Transform HVAC
- Bill Gates-Led Group, India Establishing Energy Funds