AT&T Deploys 8,000th CNG Vehicle
AT&T has deployed its 8,000th compressed natural gas (CNG) vehicle, achieving a major milestone in the company’s overall 10-year, $565 million commitment to add approximately 15,000 alternative fuel vehicles (AFVs) to its fleet by end of year 2018.
The 8,000th CNG vehicle — a 2014 Chevy Express van manufactured in Wentzville, Mo. — was delivered to a work center in St. Louis, Mo., and will be used to provide entertainment and communications services in the St. Louis metropolitan area.
In addition to CNG, AT&T has deployed hybrid electric, all electric and extended-range electric vehicles, achieving a total AFV fleet of more than 10,000 vehicles located in 43 states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia. As AT&T looks to accomplish its broader target of more than 15,000 AFVs, the company says it will continue to deploy a mix of technologies to meet the varied vehicle needs of its drivers.
AT&T’s AFV fleet allowed the company to avoid the purchase of 12.4 million gallons of gasoline as of the end of 2013, over the five-year period since the company’s commitment to alternative fuels was first announced.
Energy Manager News
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Lockheed Martin Installs the GridStar Storage System at Syracuse Facility
- Schneider Electric Unveils Continuous Efficiency
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case
- BGE’s SEED Program Offers Energy Discounts to 19 Commercial Customers
- Retailer Offers 100% Solar Plan in Texas
- Dissecting the Data Revolution