AT&T Deploys 8,000th CNG Vehicle
AT&T has deployed its 8,000th compressed natural gas (CNG) vehicle, achieving a major milestone in the company’s overall 10-year, $565 million commitment to add approximately 15,000 alternative fuel vehicles (AFVs) to its fleet by end of year 2018.
The 8,000th CNG vehicle — a 2014 Chevy Express van manufactured in Wentzville, Mo. — was delivered to a work center in St. Louis, Mo., and will be used to provide entertainment and communications services in the St. Louis metropolitan area.
In addition to CNG, AT&T has deployed hybrid electric, all electric and extended-range electric vehicles, achieving a total AFV fleet of more than 10,000 vehicles located in 43 states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia. As AT&T looks to accomplish its broader target of more than 15,000 AFVs, the company says it will continue to deploy a mix of technologies to meet the varied vehicle needs of its drivers.
AT&T’s AFV fleet allowed the company to avoid the purchase of 12.4 million gallons of gasoline as of the end of 2013, over the five-year period since the company’s commitment to alternative fuels was first announced.
Energy Manager News
- U.S. House Subcommittee Reviews Kennedy’s Fair RATES Act
- Nevada PAC Seeks Entry into State for Retail Energy Suppliers
- Using Big Data to Help Solve the Big Building Energy Problem
- Smart Computer Use Hikes Energy Efficiency
- Flint Water Crisis Uncovers Ignoble Decisions and Neglect of Existing Enviro Regs
- Trimble Acquires Sefaira
- Truman (MO) State: “We’ll Save $1 Million Annually on Energy Upgrade”
- PJM Tool Demos How Price Fluctuations, Weather Impact Customer Bills