AT&T Deploys 8,000th CNG Vehicle
AT&T has deployed its 8,000th compressed natural gas (CNG) vehicle, achieving a major milestone in the company’s overall 10-year, $565 million commitment to add approximately 15,000 alternative fuel vehicles (AFVs) to its fleet by end of year 2018.
The 8,000th CNG vehicle — a 2014 Chevy Express van manufactured in Wentzville, Mo. — was delivered to a work center in St. Louis, Mo., and will be used to provide entertainment and communications services in the St. Louis metropolitan area.
In addition to CNG, AT&T has deployed hybrid electric, all electric and extended-range electric vehicles, achieving a total AFV fleet of more than 10,000 vehicles located in 43 states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia. As AT&T looks to accomplish its broader target of more than 15,000 AFVs, the company says it will continue to deploy a mix of technologies to meet the varied vehicle needs of its drivers.
AT&T’s AFV fleet allowed the company to avoid the purchase of 12.4 million gallons of gasoline as of the end of 2013, over the five-year period since the company’s commitment to alternative fuels was first announced.
Energy Manager News
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs
- GM’s Renewable Efforts Build from the Ground Up
- Fairbanks Completes 4 Building Project in MA