RRS Updates Sustainability Scorecard
Sustainability and recycling consultancy RRS has launched its Sustainability Scorecard Version 3, a performance assessment tool that identifies key risks that are material to a sustainable business strategy, and provides an action plan to create more value from products and services.
First introduced more than 15 years ago, the Sustainability Scorecard is geared toward private sector companies at the corporate level — manufacturers, consumer packaged goods, hospitality and commercial service providers — that need to improve their sustainability profile in response to customer and investor inquiries.
Version 3 addresses emerging risks, recognizing unique leverage points in different products. Given that many aspects and impacts relating to sustainability are industry-specific, the tool is flexible, RSS says, focusing on the appropriate impact areas for each client. It is also more adaptable to generate baseline data for reporting, measure ongoing improvement, and provide specific tactics for achieving growth without impacts.
The assessment is comprised of four key categories:
- Management systems necessary to create critical employee engagement
- Metrics for measuring improvements
- External influences: customers, supply chain partners, trade associations, communities and other stakeholders
- Materiality throughout the product life cycle
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant