Hybrid-Drive Option for Industrial Shredders
Granutech-Saturn Systems, a manufacturer of industrial and mobile shredders and other recycling equipment, has launched a new hybrid-drive mechanism option for its Saturn industrial shredders, available on both new machines and as a retrofit kit for older machines in the field.
Extensive hybrid-drive testing has been done on Saturn’s dual-shaft shredders including the 72-50XT and 72-44 BGHT models, but the new drive system will also be rolled out as an option on Saturn’s single shaft and quad shaft shredders in the near future, the company says.
Users can expect up to a 25 percent increase in efficiency compared to traditional hydraulic drives and up to 30 percent more production than equivalent horsepower hydraulic or electric drive shredders, according to Granutech.
Saturn Hybrid-Drive Shredders also deliver shock absorption similar to that of shredders fitted with traditional hydraulic drives, but with an average 50 percent smaller footprint than hydraulic or electric.
The hybrid drive is a retrofit option for older Saturn Shredders as well. Granutech supplies a turn-key retrofit kit that can be installed on legacy Saturn machines in the field with assistance from certified Saturn technicians. Customers may also opt to send their machines to Granutech’s facility for the hybrid drive retrofit option install and testing.
Energy Manager News
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate
- FIU Again Tops in Energy Efficiency
- Invenergy Selling Wind Power to 3M
- U.S. House Subcommittee Reviews Kennedy’s Fair RATES Act
- Nevada PAC Seeks Entry into State for Retail Energy Suppliers
- Using Big Data to Help Solve the Big Building Energy Problem
- Smart Computer Use Hikes Energy Efficiency